6.15.2009

today...

-i had a meeting at 6am
-i drank a cup of coffee and a cup of black tea
-i greeted familiar faces of returning campers and met a lot of new campers
-Yusul, the polish boot maker, led group games while I kept score for "group games"
-i brainstormed about what to do with 64 campers on a hot sunny day who couldn't get in the pool because there was thunder
-i got to be on a boat on the river
-my co-worker was bitten by a snake
-friends surrounded me
-i was encouraged by the flexibility and great attitude of my staff
-i called a concerned mom to ensure her that her daughters were having fun at camp
-i walked through a lot of mud puddles and contemplated what the best summer shoe option will be if it continues to rain
-i made mistakes 
-i smiled and laughed a lot
-my voice is already a little scratchy from one day at camp
-it rained raindrops the size of marbles
-i helped to dispose of a dead squirrel who was... in the way
-i sang worship songs with hand motions
-i filed papers in alphabetical order
-i ate/drank a slushie from snack shop
-it was the first day of camp- and I am excited. and tired.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is the second day of camp...I am proud of you. -val

Filia Dei said...

Crocs are a good option for wet times because they dry out quickly. Jordan and Madison had crocs at Disney when it rained on us every day, to the point that mainstreet at epcot was above ankle deep. They were happy and I was miserable in sopping sneakers.

Diana said...

so glad your first day was good...of course it was thundering. so sorry. And I'm so glad to hear your losing your voice. What would camp be without that?