6.19.2009

liar liar, pants on fire

I am a liar. A big fat liar. Mostly, I think because I am around a lot of children. Actually, I would like to retract my previous statement and maybe state that I speak in hyperbole... or that I often avoid certain topics with kids (for various valid reasons of course).
And so, here are all the lies I have told today... I am so sorry...

6:00am- Ben woke me up and said "You wanted me to wake you to do Yoga this morning" and I replied with "Okay, thanks, I will get up in a bit" knowing that I would not be getting up to exercise this morning.

8:30am- Heather brought donuts into work and told me I should have one. I responded with "I will probably eat a half" but I knew full well at that very moment that I would be eating the whole donut.

9:00am- I went to help with the Giant Swing which is a serious mud pit due to all the rain we have had. It also smells like a circus because there used to be horses in that field. A counselor said "Sorry you have to walk out here in the mud" and I responded by saying "I really don't mind". Now, I did not mind helping at all, but truthfully I did not want to be sloshing through all that mud. I just like being clean.

10:00am- Ben and I were supposed to be keeping time for a game the kids were playing. I forgot about setting the stopwatch and when asked how much time was left I just said "One minute!"

10:30am- A kid asked me what game we were playing in the afternoon and I said "I don't know, you will have to wait and see" ...but I did know.

11:45am- I told a grumpy little boy that he should eat a cheesesteak for lunch because camp cheesesteaks are delicious! I have never had a camp cheesesteak.

1:45pm- Two girls were arguing over who was fourth in line (fourth?!?) they went back and forth about who Miss Jess said could be next. I pointed to each and said "I think Miss Jess said you are fourth and you are fifth!" but I didn't hear what Miss Jess said at all, I just made that up.

And so, you see, I am a liar.
I hope you can still be my friend.

6 comments:

kaley said...

people in charge of children must lie. If you don't lie to them they won't develop properly. And no one would like it if you told to truth all the time. At least, I wouldn't :)

Meghan said...

I'll be your friend! I can put up with your lying since you put up with my potty mouth...

Gina said...

LOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Maybe these slight deceptions are what lead children to be so vastly uninformed, and would explain why many of my students believe that Russia is a city where the Declaration of Independence was signed.

Kristi-Anna said...

I find lies to be very becoming... :0) I think I will do more of it.