7.01.2009

remember that one time, when I blogged?

Of course, my excuse is camp... I really don't have time to blog or I am just too tired at night. I think about things to blog about a lot- sometimes I really enjoy recounting things on this blog. But there is little time in my day for the computer. Here is some of what I have been up to...

-My aunt made the final and permanent move to GA. It was a teary goodbye.
-I got to go to a ballet with Kristi where I sat in awe, staring at the beautiful dancers (I have always loved dancing) I also was surprised when the ballet included pirates and Arabian kings.
-Nick came home from Bahrain to surprise Kaley for their anniversary. It was so good to see him.
-I have spent a lot of time on the water, spotting on the boats while the kids are tugged behind on the "banana boat". Love that.
-I am enjoying the kids- there are so many returning campers who have grown up a lot. One particular day camper who has been here since our day camp program began- he used to run from water like a cat and never ever participated in anything. We accepted this about him, but this year he is actually an active participant in most camp activities. It's crazy! (Those of you who know Day Camp probably know who I am talking about...)
-This week is Christmas in July, which I love. I like having an excuse to play christmas music and to decorate a christmas tree in the heat of the summer.
-I have played lots of games, or maybe mostly watched as counselors play. Games like putting shaving cream all over the counselors, or scavenger hunts, or obstacle courses, or jumping into a big trough of water.
-I've been blessed to share stories with this week's chapel speaker about how great God is. We shared our amazement and thankfulness to the Lord for how he has chosen us to serve him. It is good to be reminded of what a privilege and blessing it is to work here at camp.

No comments: