8.13.2010

you'll have to excuse me-

I've kind of been on a mini vacation. I know camp is over (a bittersweet end, for sure) and usually I am back to a regular routine and have more time on my hands... but I am off from work this week and "vacationing" here at home with friends.

Kaley and Nick are in town and it's the best. I think that they should stay and never return to the west coast. I mean who is this Navy anyway, thinking they can just move my friends away like that?

Kaley and I broke up our bunk beds three years ago and though we were self-proclaimed hetero-life-mates, that's where it all went downhill. Or uphill really. I mean, it is good to graduate college and even better to find a man with whom you plan to spend forever with. But with that step into adulthood and reality comes stepping away from the care-free bliss of being college roomies.

(College, 2006- the care-free time was also a time when I somehow had a lion's mane for hair)

And Nick- it has been almost a year since we have seen him- part of me can't believe how the year has flown by, and part of me was taken aback when I saw him... like, oh! Nick! It's you! It's been so good to spend time with them both.

(a few years ago with our dear friend LP)

So now, though states and time zones separate us, our friendships are strong and our time together is even sweeter.

(Kaley and Nick's Wedding- holding hands because it was a perfect dream and also a little sad, knowing she would be moving soon. Also because we were both probably about to throw up a little from nerves...)

So glad they are here! On with "vacation"!



5 comments:

Sizzledowski said...

I just figured out what "brackish living" meant today. I'm not the quickest fox in the woods.

kaley said...

I'm glad I got to have a mini vacay with you.
And my soul is not completely dead- I did cry when you left.

Meghan said...

I know how you feel Tara-girl...Stacie and I had to divorce as well...AND she moved across the ocean...boo. Now we live in the same state (8 hours away mind you), we've got 6 kids between us and life just gets more and more busy...we haven't seen each other in almost 2 years. Good for you for making time! Enjoy it!

Jena Carper said...

:) Tara your hair was soo long! I def have that brown and white striped shirt. Gap? :)
Love the picture at the end, glad you and Kaley are being reunited for a bit!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. It is good to have true friends. Is it not?