7.18.2010

slip and slide

It has been hot. If you are anywhere on the eastern seaboard, you feel me. As I type this morning, I hear the sound of cicadas outside my window. Hot. That's what that means to me. I love summer for a lot of reasons- one being that I do not love being cold, I prefer hot. But even for me, there are days when the thick humid air is almost unbearable.

At camp, kids run around all hot and sweaty and don't even seem to realize it. They complain about sand in their shoes or that they need more ice cream to get through their day, but usually don't complain about the heat. Counselors are worried about heat stroke and dehydration while the kids worry only about the slushy machine being in good working order.

Even still, for everyone, it seems relief from the heat is welcomed. I can remember coming to camp as a kid and having the 'slip and slide' on some of the hottest days of summer.


What better way to cool off and to forget about the heat because of the awesomeness that the slip and slide is.

Forecast for this week includes more heat- and more slip and slide.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I always loved the Slip-N-Side as a counselor too!!

Jena Carper said...

Oooo. new white tarp? :) Love Love love the slip n slide.