2.05.2009

happy birthday, to my carolyn

Today is my aunt's birthday! Hooray for Birthday's! It also happens to be my little cousin Edward's 13th birthday which makes me want to die a little inside. BUT this is really more about Carolyn (but happy b-day to Edward too! I love him...). So, Ben and I came to my aunt's house to celebrate, with her and my cousin's, this joyous occasion. We basically ate dinner and cake- perfect.
You should know, my aunt is a really wonderful person. I JUST love her. She is really fun and kinda quirky, and she's one of my absolute favorite people. She (and uncle) decided almost 20 years ago that they would take care of and love me as their very own- even when I wasn't the easiest child to love.
Happy Birthday Carolyn!
I love you!

6 comments:

color me happy said...

I love her,too!

cottage girl said...

I love the photo on the porch. So sweet!

Val Nebbia - singer/songwriter said...

These are really wonderful and meaningful pictures of you and your Aunt. Bless her. She did a good job by gollie.

Good to see you today Ter.

color me happy said...

I love her... sooo much and You too!!!!!!!! Auntie Lo

Carol said...

Tara, I have tears in my eyes as I type this, Tears of happiness...you are the best, and you make me happy. I was so glad that you and Ben came over for dinner, and stayed and looked through old photos. Anyone who knows me knows I am a photo freak, and it was fun to look over your whole entire life in photos. I have loved you from the minute you were born, and feel blessed that I was given the chance to be your "Mom", even though your own mom would have done a fabulous job of raising you. You have made me very proud to be your aunt and mom. I love you, and thanks for making my birthday special. Carolyn

Gina said...

As I read this, I got teared up. You have a way of doing that to me Tara. I, for one, am thankful for Aunt Carolyn for all she did and does in your life. I am so thankful for the love she showed you and for the person she raised you to be. And I am especially thankful that she sent you to Camp Wabanna every summer. That is how she has blessed my life. Happy Birthday Aunt Carolyn.