1.17.2009

a tiny taste of camp...and the inauguration

This weekend is the winter retreat at camp. I love this weekend- it feels like a small preview of what's to come in the summer. (Luckily, however, it is NEVER this cold in the summer.) Today at lunch, even, the kids were banging silverware on the tables and singing obnoxiously. It's been busy and crazy, but fun. The best part of this weekend is our theme. Camp always has a theme- in the summers it's stuff like "Pirates of the Chesapeake" or "Boot Camp"... so this weekend got a theme too- and in light of the upcoming events on the 20th, it's Inauguration weekend here at the retreat. There are games and there are teams, and the teams are named appropriately as follows: Socialized Health Care, Economic Stimulus Plan, & Big 3 Bail Out.
The cheer for the Big 3 Bail Out team--"Our banking was tanking, we didn't fail out, we got a bail out!" Well, and the Socialized Health Care team didn't really have a cheer because they all just coughed sickly and fell over...
We even played a game called "Barack & Roll".
It's been a good time!

4 comments:

Julie said...

LOL very funny...I loved my first summer when we had the different medicines (Acidametaphin and such). Jamar and I had some good cheers for ours, but I can't remember now what our team was!! Very fun--I miss Wabanna! :(

L said...

I can't even begin to express how much I love those team names...especially how one team just coughed and fell over.

Unknown said...

oh my word.

I MISS IT SOOOO MUCH.

Have fun for me!

Val Nebbia - singer/songwriter said...

Wish I could have seen it. That sounds so hilarious.