8.06.2008

six things...

1. I am sitting in the middle of the last week of camp. I am very sad about this. (even though there are dark circles under my eyes and my voice is scratchy, I am not ready for it to be over) I am sad that it will be quiet throughout the days, no children running around laughing and screaming.

2. I have been a terrible blogger lately. To be fair, I have not blogged in a while but I have not really been up to speed with my blog-stalking either.

3. In the time that I have spend reading blogs I have found a new blog love. This friend inspired me to read about this family's journey. I don't know them, but I am so inspired by his faith in God as he chronicles his wife's healing from brain cancer.

4. I saw Mamma Mia last night with friends. It was ridiculously entertaining. I laughed most of the movie- because it was so so very cheesy. Pierce Brosnan and Meryl Streep will never come back from that.

5. The Olympics start this week and I LOVE the Olympics. Our camp theme this week is even, the Olympics. What a unifying display for our world (except when China has to stage riots and demonstrations to train officials and plant snipers throughout the city. but a peacemaker like me can dream, right?)

6. I won't be able to park myself on the couch and watch said Olympics... but for good reason, a friend gets married this weekend and then we go on vacation. A vacation that I am starting to get excited about a little.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so touched that you are reading Darren's blog, too. Seriously, that made my day! :D
(Not to mention I'm so happy by the fact that you're passing it along, too)
I hope your last half of the cap week is a blast!

Andrea said...

I saw Mamma Mia last week and could NOT take Pierce Brosnan singing seriously. So weird.