7.20.2008

o, christmas tree

Christmas in July week is over. (Which is sad, but I am excited for an altogether new week of Day Camp). It was so much fun for a Christmas season lover like myself. We played Christmas music every day, I wore this ridiculous elf hat sometimes and the best part is, we had a Christmas tree up all week. The Day Campers made these great decorations in crafts and put them up on our tree- and I felt like a proud "mom" of 72 wonderfully artistic children. I thought all of their paper ornaments were the most beautiful things I have ever seen. Now, more than half of the kids didn't want to take their decorations home at the end of the week (because what are you going to do with a star ornament in the middle of July?) and I thought to myself, "I have to keep these masterpieces because they put so much love in to making each one!"

And tonight, I threw every last one away- because I got checked back into reality and realized that these 72 kids are indeed not my own and I don't really care enough to keep paper links for my personal tree in December. Until I have children of my own (in 40 years) I should be thankful that I don't have to keep tupperware full of "art projects". Oh well, here's to Christmas in July!

3 comments:

Nick and Kaley said...

in 40 years you will be 62. Maybe you can cut it down to a decade or something.

L said...

This reminds me of the glorious Christmas tree we had in Cynthia Place. And how it was nearly destroyed by one small kitty. And how we then lovingly placed it in the small grove of trees behind our apartment...

ah, Tara, how you can remind me of the joys of Christmas time :)

cottage girl said...

That tree was one of my favorite parts of Christmas week too. I got to hang all of the ornaments after the 10 oz of glue on each one was dry. It was wonderful!