11.21.2008

seven just isn't enough...

So apparently I have been blog-tagged. Didn't know that was real-- but it happened to me! So I will comply, even though my tagger was skeptical of me! (Just because I don't respond to chain emails that promise something good will happen to me if I send it to 20 people... doesn't mean I can't handle a blog-tag).

So, "tag you're it" in this case means, I am to list seven of the quirkiest things that make me who I am. (Just seven... hence the title of this blog). And it has been fun to read the quirks of others in this game of cat and mouse. So here you have it, my quirks, according to me...

1. I clean my bathroom every night. It is the only way to have a truly clean bathroom, in my anal retentive opinion. I do a deeper clean of the floor and shower only once weekly, but I clean the sink, mirror and toilet each night. I don't know how I got this way but it makes for a squeaky clean bathroom each morning!

2. I don't eat french fry ends. But only one of the ends. I think it started when I was a kid, I didn't like to eat the end I touch. I hide them somewhere on my plate, hoping no one will notice. When I went to Germany years ago, the fast food places gave you a mini two-prong fork to eat fries with. THAT was the best thing ever, no touching of fry ends!

3. When the milk is down to half a gallon, I assume it has gone bad. Because my husband is normal, I don't throw it away at this point, but I always get really nervous about drinking it. When the milk is as low as a half gallon I pour it into my cereal bowl first and sniff it to make sure it isn't sour, and then I add the cereal. It's not that it's even close to the expiration date, it just makes me really nervous.

4. I am a syndicated sitcom junkie. I like keeping up with The Office, but other than that I don't really follow TV shows. However, I sure do get my fill of sitcom re-runs. Some afternoons I catch Home Improvement, and in the evenings I flip between King of Queens, Friends and Everybody Loves Raymond. Lame comedy and an easy-to-follow plot, count me in!

5. I kind of hate meat. I will eat very white chicken, and even white meat turkey sometimes, but I don't even really love that in large amounts. I am not a member of PETA (although I do buy my meat antibiotic free and my eggs from free-range chickens) but, I just don't, like it. Especially if it is meat on a bone- no thank you. I think it feels weird, looks weird, and tastes weird.

6. I fill awkward silence with a little thing I like to call, verbal vomit. I just like to communicate with people, and when I am thrown in a group with unfamiliar people that don't share my love for talking, I just keep talking, and talking, and talking, and... well you get the picture. I don't mean to be annoying (even though I am) but I just don't know how to act when there is silence amongst a group.

7. I chew ice, if ice is available. If ice is in my drink, I will eat it. I will be freezing, but I will keep eating it, until it's all gone, and then I get more. I love chewing ice- I know a lot of people do it, so maybe you can relate and not judge me too harshly for the other 6 weirdo quirks I have.

So there you have it! And now I guess it is my turn to tag...because I am curious to know your quirks- and please don't feel badly about totally ignoring my tag (especially if you are a busy mom)! But, Jess, Meg and cottage girl, tag you're it!

2 comments:

L said...

I should have had faith in you, Tara! Good to see you today :)

Val Nebbia - singer/songwriter said...

this is hilarious. I think the only thing we have in common is the verbal vomit.